Abbotsford Flying Club
Extraordinary Board Meeting
Present: Aug Rinz, George Aung-Thin, Kevin Mickelby; Tom Grozier, Dirk Sieber, Luciano Nisi, Amarvir Sunder
Absent: Brian Appaswamy,
Meeting called to order 19:05 by George
- Sale of the Glastar Aircraft C-GSBS to a Member of the Abbotsford Flying Club
- Closure of clubhouse and aircraft to all activities
- In camera discussion
1. Sale of the Glastar Aircraft C-GSBS to a Member of the Abbotsford Flying Club
Whereas the Board has received an offer from a member to purchase the Glastar
aircraft C-GSBS and the Board has unanimously agreed that the sale of the aircraft
to the member at the offered price in the aircraft’s present condition “as is where
is” is in the best interests of the Abbotsford Flying Club.
Be it resolved that:
The Glastar aircraft C-GSBS be sold to the member at the offered price, that Tom
Grozier on behalf of the Board is hereby authorized to instruct legal counsel to
prepare any and all documents and other matters that are determined by him to be
necessary and pertaining to the sale, and Tom Grozier is authorized to sign on
behalf of the Board any and all documents and forms necessary to perfect the sale
of the aircraft to the member.
Tom’s motion, seconded by Amar to sell GSBS to Kevin L. Carried unanimously.
2. Closure of clubhouse and aircraft to all activities
Based on the best advice from the Prime Minister, Health Authorities and good judgment, we all should stay home and self isolate. This has been in the news for days. Nobody NEEDS to be at the club, nor do they NEED to fly. The COVID-19 pandemic is getting worse by the day and urgent action is needed at all levels.
The board is mindful of the significant impact of this to all of our members. The board cannot ignore the implorement of authorities to self isolate. The Board also recognises that there are many members in our club who are at highest risk of infection. These are indeed extroadinary times.
Luciano, as a first responder, really sees how there are some people in the Lower Mainland who just are not taking any of this as seriously as they should. Many people are not abiding by the public health orders and the board feels this is the prudent way to proceed to protect our members during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Action: Motion by Luciano second by Tom G to cancel all clubhouse bookings not already cancelled, lockdown the clubhouse and remove the keys for aircraft to all members for an indefinite period of time until such time as the health authorities deem appropriate. Motion Carried unanimously.
1) An external hasp be installed on the main door to the clubhouse with a padlock. (Access to the club will only be for the purposes to do a security check or if there is some sort of emergency (water leak etc) there can be no other access or reason to access the club). Posting a sign will not stop people from entering.
2) A notice be attached to the front door advising members the club is in lock down.
3) An email be sent out to all members regarding the lockdown.
All bookings will be terminated on club aircraft until end of August for now
4) Separate padlocks be installed on all hangars, for anyone who may have a key. (Only access should be if an aircraft is being moved for maintenence to Bakerview or to removed SBS from the hangar post sale)
5) The club is locked down indefinitely and not opened until the health authorities have authorized people to again have any social contact; this may go on longer so we should expect that it could be as long as 6 months.
George will draft a letter to send to the membership to convey this decision.
3. In camera discussion.
Motion to go in camera 1. Tom 2 Amar MSC
Motion to come out of camera 1 George 2 Kevin MSC
Motion for the President to send subject member a Letter of Reprimand dated
April 8, 2020 in the event that before April 8, 2020 the member fails to
provide the Board with an explanation in writing of his act of misconduct
that is satisfactory to the Board.. 1 Tom 2. Amar. MSC