- This event has passed.
First Flights for Kids
Capture a sunset, Ride with the wind.
Taste freedom only the eagle has known.
For yours is the freedom of knowing you have flown.
- When: Saturday June 6, 2015.
- Where: The Abbotsford Flying Club (click here for a map). Actual event will be next to the airport fence to the east of the clubhouse.
- Cost: FREE! No charge.
- Registration: Registrations for the June 6th even are full and the Wait List is also full.
- Details: Click here for specific event details for those who’ve registered.
Who can Fly
- Age – Children ages 7 to 13
- No Previous Flying Experience in a Small Airplane – Children who have never flown before in a small light airplane (e.g. Cessna, Piper, etc.) are eligible. Having flown in a big jet (e.g. WestJet, Air Canada) before is ok as we don’t consider their big jets small nor light.
- Ground School – The children will receive a short ground school session where they will learn about flight safety and the basics of flight in a fun and easy way.
- Flight – The children (no parents/guardians) will be flown for approximately 15 minutes locally over Abbotsford and surrounding area. The flights will be done by friendly, experienced and fully-licensed pilots in small light aircraft.
- Certificate – The children will receive a certificate printed with their name and their pilot’s signature after their flight.
- Event Details – more information for those who have already registered.
- Liability Waiver – Please read prior to the event. Parents/Guardians will be required to sign the waiver at the event before their children can fly.
- Event Poster – please post wherever you can to help us promote our event.
- Please bookmark this page and check back for updates to ensure you have all current information.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions using our e-mail address below: