Membership Chair – Adrian Renkers, 604-864-5057, email
Membership in the Abbotsford Flying Club is both rewarding and fun.
Good reasons to join our club:
- Camaraderie – Opportunities to participate and volunteer in fun events including flyouts, training & safety seminars, socials and club-service events (e.g. Abbotsford International Airshow, First Flights for Kids, Wings & Wheels, etc.).
- Networking & Education – Stay plugged into the ever changing world of aviation. Meetings are regularly-scheduled and often feature interesting aviation presentations and social opportunities to chat with enthusiastic like-minded people and pilots.
- Aircraft – Exclusive owner-level access to 2 well-equipped single-engine light aircraft. Fly them when you want. The current rate is $180/hr (plus a fluctuating fuel surcharge) and is billed on tachometer time (cheaper than hobbs time). Operation of the club aircraft is available to members in good standing who are qualified pilots once checked out on type. Non-flying members can arrange a flight with a club pilot to act as their PIC.
- Clubhouse – Access to an older but well-equipped clubhouse with amenities such as bar, pool table, dart board, leather couches, kitchen, patio, BBQ, etc. Members are also able to use the clubhouse for their own private family events.
Qualifications for Membership
- Interest in Aviation – Anyone with an interest in aviation and any qualified pilots, former pilots or persons directly involved in aviation are welcome.
- Club-Service Focus – Showing support for the club can be done in many ways:
- Attending and helping out at club events (e.g. socials, fly-outs, fundraising).
- Helping out with club tasks (e.g. serving on a committee, aircraft care, hangar care, clubhouse care, airshow). Volunteering is greatly appreciated and needed to make the club work. There’s always a job to do and many hands make light work.
Interested? Here’s what you can do next…
- Contact Us e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete a Membership Application form – AFC Membership Application (printable) and send to email@example.com or bring it to a club function. There are several every week.
- Come to a Meeting – Regular monthly meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month (except August & October) at the clubhouse (map). Come to a meeting and introduce yourself as a guest. You’ll be able to meet other members and see what the club has to offer. Note: Regular meetings are currently being held by Zoom. Contact the Secretary for a guest invitation.
- NOTE: All membership applications are subject to the approval of the Board of Directors.
- $200 – One-time initiation fee for new members only (tax included)
- $336 – Yearly membership dues (tax included)
- $157.50 – Yearly membership dues Associate (tax included)