Membership in the Abbotsford Flying Club is both rewarding and fun. Please read on…
Three Good Reasons to Join the Club
- Aircraft – Exclusive owner-level access to 2 well-equipped single-engine light aircraft. Fly them when you want at a reasonable hourly rate billed on tachometer time. Operation of the club aircraft is available to qualified pilots once checked out on type. As well, non-flying members can ask club pilots for a ride in club aircraft anytime, paying costs for the club pilot.
- Events, Socials & Meetings – Opportunities to participate in fun events including flyouts, training & safety seminars, socials and club-service events (e.g. Abbotsford Int’l Airshow, First Flights for Kids, etc.). Meetings are regularly-scheduled and often feature interesting aviation presentations and social opportunities to chat with enthusiastic like-minded people and pilots. There’s something for everyone!
- Clubhouse – Access to a well-equipped clubhouse with amenities such as bar, pool table, leather couches, kitchen, patio, BBQ, etc. Members are also able to use the clubhouse for their own private family events.
Qualifications for Membership
- Interest in Aviation – Anyone with an interest in aviation and any qualified pilots, former pilots or persons directly involved in aviation are welcome.
- Club Service Focus – Showing support for the club by flying its aircraft, attending and supporting club events (socials, meetings, seminars, airshow, etc.) and bringing in new members is greatly appreciated and welcomed.
Interested? Here’s what you can do next…
- Contact Us
Dirk Sieber, 604-746-5740
Mark Thibault, 604-613-0229
- Complete a Membership Application – The membership application can be downloaded here. Complete and bring to a meeting.
- Come to a Meeting – Regular monthly meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month (except August & October) at the clubhouse (map). Come to a meeting and introduce yourself as a guest. You’ll be able to meet other members and see what the club has to offer.
NOTE: All membership applications are subject to the decision of the Board of Directors.
- $200 – One-time initiation fee for new members only (tax incl.)
- $375 – Yearly membership dues (tax incl.)