Membership in the Abbotsford Flying Club is both rewarding and fun. Please read on…
Three Good Reasons to Join the Club
- Camaraderie – Opportunities to participate in fun events including flyouts, training & safety seminars, socials and club-service events (e.g. Abbotsford Int’l. Airshow, First Flights for Kids, Wings & Wheels, etc.).
- Networking & Education – Meetings are regularly-scheduled and often feature interesting aviation presentations and social opportunities to chat with enthusiastic like-minded people and pilots.
- Aircraft – Exclusive owner-level access to 2 well-equipped single-engine light aircraft. Fly them when you want at $150/hr billed on tachometer time. Operation of the club aircraft is available to qualified pilots once checked out on type. As well, non-flying members can ask club pilots for a ride in club aircraft anytime, paying costs for the club pilot.
- Clubhouse – Access to a well-equipped clubhouse with amenities such as bar, pool table, dart board, leather couches, kitchen, patio, BBQ, etc. Members are also able to use the clubhouse for their own private family events.
Qualifications for Membership
- Interest in Aviation – Anyone with an interest in aviation and any qualified pilots, former pilots or persons directly involved in aviation are welcome.
- Club Service Focus – Showing support for the club by attending and supporting club events (socials, meetings, seminars, First Flights, airshow, etc.), flying club aircraft and bringing in new members is greatly appreciated and welcomed.
Interested? Here’s what you can do next…
- Contact Us
Amar Sundher, 604-835-9400
Aug Rinz, 604-807-4530
- Complete a Membership Application – The membership application can be downloaded here. Complete and bring to a meeting.
- Come to a Meeting – Regular monthly meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month (except August & October) at the clubhouse (map). Come to a meeting and introduce yourself as a guest. You’ll be able to meet other members and see what the club has to offer.
NOTE: All membership applications are subject to the decision of the Board of Directors.
- $200 – One-time initiation fee for new members only (tax included)
- $375 – Yearly membership dues (tax included)