General Meeting Minutes – 2017-11-08
ABBOTSFORD FLYING CLUB
All Members: Please remember to sign in.
MEETING – CALL TO ORDER 20:47
- Guest Speaker – Doug Grant
- Secretary’s Report
- Treasurer’s Update
- Social Update
- Membership Update
- Good and Welfare Update
- Aircraft Maintenance Update
- Flight Safety Update
- Approval of minutes of previous meeting
- President’s Report
- Various Updates
- Old Business
- New Business
- Speaker for November 8 is Doug Grant talking about his new book on the history of Okanagan Helicopters
15 Minute Break
Secretary’s Update – Jason
Treasurer’s Update – Steve
- nil / not present
Social Update – Ruth
- is forming a new Social Committee, needs volunteers
- bookings are done through Ruth, who will then pass info to Jason for inclusion in the calendar
- Ruth will send out info re club rules and expectations just before your booking
- Gerry advises that the Christmas event will take place on Dec 16th at noon. Members who wish to fly to YCW can arrange to be picked up there and transport to the restaurant. Details to follow in an email to all members.
Membership Update – Dirk
- Still soliciting members, reminder to remember to sign in
- Mark Thibault is still looking for member photos for the boards…please send your best selfie to Mark.
Good and Welfare – Adrian
- Couch pillows re-done by pieta decroq
- Peter Graystone’s 84th bday celebrated at the last TGIF
Aircraft Maintenance Update – Brian
- Nil / Not present
Flight Safety Update – Skylar
- Still looking into hyperbaric chamber or dunk chamber training
- New checklists in both airplanes
Building Maintenance Update – Devin
- Planning a work party for December 2
- Devin will lower the club flag to half-mast, and move it back up after the funeral for Constable Davidson
Motion to approve meeting minutes from last meeting:
1:Mark 2: Steve MSC
- Nil / Not present
Steve urges AFC members to become Airshow Society members, $10 per year, many benefits
Steve will send Jason an email capturing the benefits
- New Aircraft Committee – discussion over whether the previous “3rd Aircraft Committee” is still constituted and should be doing this work.
- Agreed that the previous committee was dissolved.
- Three members have so far indicated interest in being part of the new committee
- The new committee does not have carte-blanche to purchase an airplane; their task is to “identify and recommend”
Motion to Adjourn – 21:13 (Bob Macfarlane)
Pictures from the April GM
Ed Boon presenting on the upcoming Wings & Wheels show on May 27.
Tim Sward from CYXX presenting on changes coming to the airport.
New member Henry Vogt introducing himself to the membership.
New member Ryan Morno introducing himself to the membership.
Pictures from the Rust Remover with Warren LeGrice on April 22
Pictures from Rob Fehr’s Birthday Party on April 23.
Robert Fehr, Adam Kendall, Ken Funk, Clark Closkey, Ken Campbell, Gerry Crapo
Bob McFarlan, Elsie Fehr, Peter Graystone, Robert Fehr.
Pictures from the Preparations for Wings & Wheels
Gerry Crapo dumped 10 yards of road mulch behind the club to be used for filling the holes where we park planes during our annual event. Chris Palmer provided his bucket equipped tractor, with operator Verne, to do the “wheelbarrowing”. Ed Boon, Steve Stewart and Ton DuCrocq supplied the manpower for spreading the gravel. The result is a safe field for taxiing aircraft for our May 27 Wings and Wheels event.
Ton duCrocq, Ed Boon, Steve Stewart