Author Archives: Secretary

General Meeting Minutes 2017-11-08

General Meeting Minutes – 2017-11-08

ABBOTSFORD FLYING CLUB

GENERAL MEETING

 

All Members: Please remember to sign in.

Welcome members

Welcome guests

MEETING – CALL TO ORDER 20:47

Agenda:

  • Guest Speaker – Doug Grant
  • Secretary’s Report
  • Treasurer’s Update
  • Social Update
  • Membership  Update
  • Good and Welfare Update
  • Aircraft Maintenance Update
  • Flight Safety Update
  • Approval of minutes of previous meeting
  • President’s Report
  • Various Updates
  • Old Business
  • New Business

Guests:

Presentation:

  • Speaker for November 8 is Doug Grant talking about his new book on the history of Okanagan Helicopters

15 Minute Break

Secretary’s Update – Jason

  • nil

Treasurer’s Update – Steve

  • nil / not present

Social Update – Ruth

  • is forming a new Social Committee, needs volunteers
  • bookings are done through Ruth, who will then pass info to Jason for inclusion in the calendar
  • Ruth will send out info re club rules and expectations just before your booking
  • Gerry advises that the Christmas event will take place on Dec 16th at noon. Members who wish to fly to YCW can arrange to be picked up there and transport to the restaurant.  Details to follow in an email to all members.

Membership Update – Dirk

  • Still soliciting members, reminder to remember to sign in
  • Mark Thibault is still looking for member photos for the boards…please send your best selfie to Mark.

Good and Welfare – Adrian

  • Couch pillows re-done by pieta decroq
  • Peter Graystone’s 84th bday celebrated at the last TGIF

Aircraft Maintenance Update – Brian

  • Nil / Not present

Flight Safety Update – Skylar

  • Still looking into hyperbaric chamber or dunk chamber training
  • New checklists in both airplanes

Building Maintenance Update – Devin

  • Planning a work party for December 2
  • Devin will lower the club flag to half-mast, and move it back up after the funeral for Constable Davidson

Motion to approve meeting minutes from last meeting:

1:Mark        2: Steve      MSC

President’s Report

  • Nil / Not present

Various updates

Steve urges AFC members to become Airshow Society members, $10 per year, many benefits

Steve will send Jason an email capturing the benefits

Old Business

  • None

New Business

  • New Aircraft Committee – discussion over whether the previous “3rd Aircraft Committee” is still constituted and should be doing this work.
  • Agreed that the previous committee was dissolved.
  • Three members have so far indicated interest in being part of the new committee
  • The new committee does not have carte-blanche to purchase an airplane; their task is to “identify and recommend”

Motion to Adjourn – 21:13 (Bob Macfarlane)

AFC Constitution Review Committee, August 23, 2017

AFC Constitution Review Committee

Meeting Minutes
August 23, 2017

Opening:

The AFC constitution review committee was called to order at the club by Chairperson C.
Closkey at 12:36 PM.
Members: B. Robertson, President Ken Campbell, Duncan Poynton, Chris Palmer
Regrets: J. Hendriks

A. Minutes:

Chairperson C. Closkey asked that the members review the May 29, 2017 meeting
minutes posted on the website for future approval and discussion.

B. Discussion

1. A review of the Club Blog was done and no more submissions have been added
since the previous review.

2. Comments by Chairman Closkey reviewing events since the summer recess which
could have an effect on the Committee’s future deliberations

3. A discussion regarding the pending Notice of Motion to be brought forward at the
September General Meeting followed. It was the Committee’s opinion that a simple
change in the existing By-Law wording would be sufficient to address the spirit of the
Motion.

4. Wording to limit the spending of the Board of Directors without sustaining member’s
prior approval was discussed. Chairman Closkey has found a web site which
addresses this issue and will bring it forward at the next meeting of the Committee.

5. A discussion regarding the duties of the Treasurer followed with the suggestion that
the following be included within the existing Treasurer’s duties.
“The Treasurer shall chair a Finance Committee consisting of themselves and a
minimum of two sustaining members approved by the Board of Directors”.

6. It was suggested the following statement be added to the existing Directors and
Officers responsibilities – Treasurer 5.1 (o) ” —- and present an Annual Budget at the
AGM”.

C. Adjournment:

Meeting was adjourned at 1:17 P.M. by Ken Campbell and seconded by Chris Palmer

The next meeting will be held at the AFC on August 30, 2017 at 13:00 hours (1:00 P. M.)
Minutes recorded by: B. Robertson
Approved by: C. Closkey, Chairperson