General Meeting Minutes – 2017-11-08
ABBOTSFORD FLYING CLUB
All Members: Please remember to sign in.
MEETING – CALL TO ORDER 20:47
- Guest Speaker – Doug Grant
- Secretary’s Report
- Treasurer’s Update
- Social Update
- Membership Update
- Good and Welfare Update
- Aircraft Maintenance Update
- Flight Safety Update
- Approval of minutes of previous meeting
- President’s Report
- Various Updates
- Old Business
- New Business
- Speaker for November 8 is Doug Grant talking about his new book on the history of Okanagan Helicopters
15 Minute Break
Secretary’s Update – Jason
Treasurer’s Update – Steve
- nil / not present
Social Update – Ruth
- is forming a new Social Committee, needs volunteers
- bookings are done through Ruth, who will then pass info to Jason for inclusion in the calendar
- Ruth will send out info re club rules and expectations just before your booking
- Gerry advises that the Christmas event will take place on Dec 16th at noon. Members who wish to fly to YCW can arrange to be picked up there and transport to the restaurant. Details to follow in an email to all members.
Membership Update – Dirk
- Still soliciting members, reminder to remember to sign in
- Mark Thibault is still looking for member photos for the boards…please send your best selfie to Mark.
Good and Welfare – Adrian
- Couch pillows re-done by pieta decroq
- Peter Graystone’s 84th bday celebrated at the last TGIF
Aircraft Maintenance Update – Brian
- Nil / Not present
Flight Safety Update – Skylar
- Still looking into hyperbaric chamber or dunk chamber training
- New checklists in both airplanes
Building Maintenance Update – Devin
- Planning a work party for December 2
- Devin will lower the club flag to half-mast, and move it back up after the funeral for Constable Davidson
Motion to approve meeting minutes from last meeting:
1:Mark 2: Steve MSC
- Nil / Not present
Steve urges AFC members to become Airshow Society members, $10 per year, many benefits
Steve will send Jason an email capturing the benefits
- New Aircraft Committee – discussion over whether the previous “3rd Aircraft Committee” is still constituted and should be doing this work.
- Agreed that the previous committee was dissolved.
- Three members have so far indicated interest in being part of the new committee
- The new committee does not have carte-blanche to purchase an airplane; their task is to “identify and recommend”
Motion to Adjourn – 21:13 (Bob Macfarlane)
AFC Constitution Review Committee
August 23, 2017
The AFC constitution review committee was called to order at the club by Chairperson C.
Closkey at 12:36 PM.
Members: B. Robertson, President Ken Campbell, Duncan Poynton, Chris Palmer
Regrets: J. Hendriks
Chairperson C. Closkey asked that the members review the May 29, 2017 meeting
minutes posted on the website for future approval and discussion.
1. A review of the Club Blog was done and no more submissions have been added
since the previous review.
2. Comments by Chairman Closkey reviewing events since the summer recess which
could have an effect on the Committee’s future deliberations
3. A discussion regarding the pending Notice of Motion to be brought forward at the
September General Meeting followed. It was the Committee’s opinion that a simple
change in the existing By-Law wording would be sufficient to address the spirit of the
4. Wording to limit the spending of the Board of Directors without sustaining member’s
prior approval was discussed. Chairman Closkey has found a web site which
addresses this issue and will bring it forward at the next meeting of the Committee.
5. A discussion regarding the duties of the Treasurer followed with the suggestion that
the following be included within the existing Treasurer’s duties.
“The Treasurer shall chair a Finance Committee consisting of themselves and a
minimum of two sustaining members approved by the Board of Directors”.
6. It was suggested the following statement be added to the existing Directors and
Officers responsibilities – Treasurer 5.1 (o) ” —- and present an Annual Budget at the
Meeting was adjourned at 1:17 P.M. by Ken Campbell and seconded by Chris Palmer
The next meeting will be held at the AFC on August 30, 2017 at 13:00 hours (1:00 P. M.)
Minutes recorded by: B. Robertson
Approved by: C. Closkey, Chairperson